Wednesday, May 16, 2007

BEWARE OF THE VERY LARGE POST

I apologize in advance if any of this is boring to you, but as promised...this is the longest blog of your life. It was a very busy weekend....TONS of fun. But VERY busy...and I captured every moment I could. SO let me see-where to start....hmmmm.


FRIDAY. Crazy fun times. Stars of the show? Myself, Danielle, Danny, and Robbie. Robbie picked Danny and I up in his hot new car and drove us to the Kinsmen Park right beside downtown Edmonton. We met Danielle there. Supplies in tact. Marshmallows. Check. Firewood. Check. Chocolate. Check. Kite. Check. Graham Crackers. CHECK!!! Ventured off into the wilderness...well not really...to find a fire pit. Only to find. There weren't any! Only barbeque's. So...we figure that the marshmallows can't tell the difference, so why should we!


Danielle and Robbie talked cameras...while Danny and I took pictures galore. Here are a few...




This is me spinning in the forest. I think it's funny to say I was in the forest. Because I wasn't really. We were like beside a field in the trees.

Give me some smores! First smores of the season in Edmo! So good. Proved to be a little tricky in the bbq, but of course I persevered. And oh was it good.





Here we are standing on Danny's shoulders. Don't get too freaked out. It's an* illusion*.

After that, we climbed on to Robbie's shoulders. Kids don't try this at home.


We were pretty excited, because we had plans to fly a kite, but unfortunately we lost track of time so we couldn't do it. So I wore the kite instead.

So did Robbie.



We left the Kinsmen feeling full of marshmallows and headed to our next destination...downtown Edmonton...to a movie!
The theatre we went to wasn't filled with quite as eager people as we would have thought, so when we got inside it was empty! Leaving us with only one option. Video games.

Danielle and I combated by racing around in our sweet rides...while Danny and Robbie duked it out by shooting each other. Not my first choice. Seriously, Danny looks creepy with a moustache and a gun. Not gonna lie.



Overall, we had SUCH a fun night. It is SO GREAT that summer is finally arriving. I can't even tell you how nice it is to be outside. AHHHHHH

So the next morning I woke up early and met an old friend from high school for coffee, and then Danny and I went to a wedding in Sherwood Park. Really simple, really pretty ceremony.


The highlight of the wedding for both Danny and I was the fact we got to hold baby Lara at 2 weeks old! She is SO CUTE! And has so much hair!!! Danny and her even matched.



From there we walked around Whyte Avenue...did some shopping and hit up Starbucks of course. Soaked up the sun, and
went for dinner, and then headed to my little sister Natalie's dance competition. Here I am at the door waiting to get in to see her dance.


The girls danced it up, and it was good.


After the dance competition we headed to Jillanne's (one of the youth) Sweet 16 Birthday party. Good times on the trampoline (which by the way I was sore up until yesterday...I'm such an old woman) And of course there was a campfire. You can never go wrong with a campfire.

Danny kind of reminds me of a crow or a magpie in this picture. And I look like I'm trying to swat him away.

Nicole and I took I think a million pictures.




Here's the birthday girl!!!


Josh and Eldrin of course needed to see how many marshmallow's they could fit in their mouths. Attractive I know.

Rich and James (missing) and I sang some goodies. And by goodies I mean, good songs.That's what happens when you've had too much pop to drink. I'm sure the neighbors loved it at 12am.

And just when you thought this blog couldn't possibly get any longer. It did. The next morning we went to church and then celebrated Mother's Day on a picnic with my Mom and sisters because my Dad was out of town.

This duck came and started eating our food. It was the strangest thing. He had a bad attitude.


My Mom bet Kyla she couldn't climb the tree, so
of course, she had to prove her wrong. She hadn't thought far enough in advance on how to get down though. She still has yet to see the money. Come to think of it. I think we left her up there.


After our picnic we headed to the Taylor's for a family BBQ . Danny was finally able to give his Mom the mug that he had painted for her! So overall it was a really eventful weekend. I truly enjoyed myself. I hope I can remember next time to blog as I go. Because this just took me forever! AHHH

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Great post Hailey! It helped pass quite a bit of my boring afternoon at Precision, so thanks :)
I LOVED all the pictures...blogs just aren't as good when there aren't pics so nicely done.
By the way, are Robbie and Danielle dating? Cuz that would be crazy hey, if your best friend and Danny's best friend, were a couple? How convenient.
Hope your good-bye with Danielle wasn't too tearful :)
Love you!

hailey said...

Yeah! It was fun taking the pics too. Blogs are seriously SO much better with pics. And to answer your question, nope they're not dating. We're all just friends. But its been good because Danny and Robbie didn't really know Danielle until recently, so it has been a lot of fun. Yeah, my good-bye with Danielle was actually good...I pretended to cry as I ran to my car and some people gave me weird looks. haha. I'll see her in 2 months. I just hope the time goes by fast.

danny said...

IT IS UNBELIEVABLE THAT MY WIFE REFERS TO ME AS A BIRD TWICE IN ONE POST. PERHAPS I SHOULD REFER TO HER AS POO TWICE IN THIS COMMENT. POO (ONCE) POO (TWICE).

hailey said...

I apologize that you all had to witness my husband calling me poo. ha. Twice. I'll punish him later. ;) You see he is deathly afraid of birds and thinks they are disgusting creatures, so the fact that I called him a bird is just a little offensive. haaaaa

Anonymous said...

I think birds are kinda scary too. They're so unpredictable with their twitchy little muscles. Ick.

j e r e m i a h 15:16

"As your words came to me I drank them in, and they filled my heart with joy and happiness because I belong to you. "