Monday, April 30, 2007

A Crazy. Busy. Fun. WEEKEND!!!!!

What a LONG weekend. I feel less rested at the end of it all...but it was WELL WORTH IT! It started out on Friday with the celebration of my sister Kyla's 20th birthday!! My Mom, little sis Natalie, Danny, and myself, took Kyla for dinner at the Cheesecake Cafe Restaurant here in the West End. (Dad was out of town) Enjoyed some eats and then headed to Whyte Avenue to do some painting at a cute little place called CRANKPOTS. You pick your ceramic piece and then dive into the paints that you think will match the best together and they pop your finished product in the kiln for you and a week later you've got yourself a beautiful...whatever. We enjoyed it. Kyla painted a funky little tea-pot, my Mom a neat little pitcher, Danny a tea-cup and saucer for Mother's day for his Mom, and myself a small little bowl. I had the smallest thing, and I still haven't finished painting so I have to go back! Afterwards, Kyla and Danny and I went to the movie Fracture...with Ryan Gosling, and Anthony Hopkins. I don't like thriller's usually because I can never handle the suspense. BUT I really enjoyed the movie, I thought it was well done, and not overly predictable. Overall it was a really good evening.
Here's Kyla hard at work...


Delicious paint...mmm.


My Mom, the expert painter...

Danny's cute little masterpiece.

Me and my bowl...the somewhat finished side.

*Natalie didn't want her picture taken...AND she didn't want to paint. Silly teenagers.*


The next morning I woke up and met my two good friends Leah and Bonnie from Capernwray who were in town, and Jen who I know through Bonnie...she is going to school in Edmonton. We met for brunch at the High Level Diner. One of my favorite breakfast joints in Edmonton!! :) :) it was lined up out the door when I first arrived. We enjoyed some wonderful conversation and were able to catch up a bit!!! I wish they would have been in town longer!!!! Our visit was much too short. But I loved every minute of it!!

That's me on the left, in case the blonde hair didn't give it away, and then Jen, Leah, and Bonnie! Good times!!After brunch Danny and did some errands, and then dinner eventually rolled around. We met up with Danielle, and Robbie, two good friends of ours...for dinner at Gabanna restaurant downtown. It was a bit pricier than I had originally thought. They even had $700 bottles of wine, which we of course HAD to try. *kidding* After dinner we had some treats and yummy drinks from Starbucks...mmm And from downtown we took the LRT to Rexall Place...you see some interesting people on there. Some that smell like alcohol and others that just stare at you as you take pictures. We arrived at Rexall minutes later where we enjoyed a FABULOUS concert performed by JOHN MAYER. I have loved his music for I think 7 years, so to FINALLY be able to see him live was just unreal. His voice is so true-almost better that his cd voice. LOVE IT.


Here we are on the LRT with our tickets.
At the show. Giddy little fans...screaming like school girls.
Robbie and Danny were excitable too...slowly developing crushes on John as he sang. A voice like an angel...Here we are in all our glory. YAY JOHN!

This is Danielle "booing" haha, because we wanted more concert. It was still a good length show, but we pretty much love all his songs, so I don't think we'd be satisfied unless he played all of them. ha ha It was such a blast. After the show we hit up Starbucks on Whyte Ave again. Can't get enough. We're not addicted, I swear!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you all had such a great weekend. I never knew you were an avid John Mayer fan. I happen to like John Mayer myself. So glad that you got to hang with Bon and Leah. I'm a teensy jealous. But in a good way :)

Jen said...

you are addicted.

Bonnie said...

It was seriously awesome seeing you this weekend Hailey! (and Danny too!) :) Brief, but definitely sweet! And wasn't John Mayer fan-frickin-tastic!? WE couldn't stop talking about it for days. Hey, did Tim tell ya that we spotted you guys in the crowd? Jen was the first to spot ya from our seats that were MUCH higher up than yourse....oh wait...you had floor seats. Guess anything is higher than floor :) Good times....looking forward to "future" visits! :)
LOVE YA!!!

Bonnie said...

and by the way, I don't usually spell "yours" with an "e"...just got a little too excited there.... :)

j e r e m i a h 15:16

"As your words came to me I drank them in, and they filled my heart with joy and happiness because I belong to you. "