Monday, April 23, 2007

A Little Getaway




This weekend, Danny and I were fortunate enough to go on a last-minute getaway to Canmore. Someone we know had to cancel on their trip, but couldn't get money back for their room so it was offered to us, and we accepted! We wanted to get out of town early-ish on Saturday morning, but seeing as it is nearly impossible for us to get our acts together on time, we left at noon. ha We're pathetic. Anyways, because we were driving through Alberta, we experienced I think almost every "season" on the drive there...snow, rain, sun, fog, etc, etc. SO very random. Thankfully we had Starbucks and fun tunes to keep things interesting.


Danny randomly burned a CD of some old N'sync songs for our drive. And we had Dance Mix 96 I think too... Don't ask me why. He's a goof! We stopped in Calgary briefly at Pete's Drive In...which in my opinion is a MUST when driving through Calgary. Pete's is an old-fashioned burger joint, that is always ridiculously busy...and delicious.


Once we arrived in Canmore, we dropped off our luggage at the cute little Inn we were staying at. It was just like a Bed and Breakfast. 12 rooms in the whole building! Our room was loft style. Very quaint!

And then we headed off to Banff to walk around outside and see the shops! Our favorite place is this little bookstore that is just beautiful inside. I like going into stores that are one of a kind. It was just nice to be in the mountains too. We always talk about what it would be like to live there. I think I would get bored. But who really knows until you try I guess.



We went to a late movie at night, and the next morning had some more Starbucks and headed back into Banff to go on a small walk around this lake area. And of course did random stupid things, because that is what we do best!!! We also went up to the Beautiful Banff Springs Hotel to do some journalling and reading, while sipping some nice drinks, and listening to the wonderful jazz music in the background. Reading is very much one of our most favorite things to do. Especially in the mountains. Glorious!


What a great blessing to be able to get away. I could go again right now!!!!!

No comments:

j e r e m i a h 15:16

"As your words came to me I drank them in, and they filled my heart with joy and happiness because I belong to you. "