Thursday, April 19, 2007

From sun to snow

Okay...so I want to cry. Edmonton is SNOWING truckloads of wet snow today. What is up?! Seriously. I don't know why it is snowing so much. When summer is here, I just want to quit my job and be in the sun all day, every day. sigh...In my dreams I guess.

This week started out to be really good. There was a glimpse of sunshine. And the weather was quite nice. On Monday, Danny and I, along with our friends Robbie and Erin...who were both leaders on the Africa trip with us..went to a movie. But it wasn't just any movie. It was actually pretty cool. The Edmonton Film Society, for the next 7 weeks is putting on this thing at the Museum where they show old fashioned comedy movies for $5 in their theatre. The audience was a sea of grey hair with the exception of the 4 of us and a handful of others. And it smelled like my grandparents house! I was just waiting to run into them. The movie that was playing was called "Indiscreet", and was actually really funny. I liked it because the old people in the audience laughed at all the jokes, and I think we laughed even more because old movies have quirky things to them that only a young crew like us would notice!!! It was a "romance" movie too, so it was fun to compare them to movies that come out now. I swear 10 minutes of the movie is just the couple staring at each other in silence and smiling. SO funny the way romance movies were made back in the day. I totally recommend it if you like oldies.Anyways, besides doing that, we went to my families house on Tuesday to celebrate my parents 25th anniversary with my Mom...because my Dad is out of town with work. And we stopped by my favorite cupcake boutique in Edmonton too! yum. And last night Danny spoke at our weekly youth service at the church about the compass of current events, and how we have to be aware of what is going on around us, so we can protect ourselves from things that could be a bad influence. He did a really wonderful job. So that's our week in a nutshell so far!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of the time Aaron and I went to "March of the Penguins" but instead of all elderly people... it was all grandmas and grandpas with little kids. They laughed really hard at all the silly things and one kid kept asking "is it dead?" really loud when anything happened to any of the penguins or penguin eggs. It made the whole movie.

j e r e m i a h 15:16

"As your words came to me I drank them in, and they filled my heart with joy and happiness because I belong to you. "