Thursday, July 5, 2007

Getaway to the Island

Two weekends ago, Danny and I had the privilege and blessing of getting away to Vancouver Island for a wedding!!! We don't know the couple very well, but Danny was asked to perform the ceremony, so of course we jumped at the opportunity to get away for a while! The family was generous enough to put us up in a 5 star Oceanfront Lodge and Spa Resort. We were absolutely thrilled to be staying in such a gorgeous hotel, and seriously didn't take one minute for granted!!!! If ANYBODY wants an amazing weekend away, I would recommend this place in a heartbeat! The wedding reception itself was held at this hotel too, so it was just a beautiful location. All 33 rooms at this hotel have an ocean view. It was so amazing to wake up in the morning and see the mountains and water. AHHH I loved it. We would sit outside on the patio, and read, drink coffee.

My favorite place was right beside the fireplace, curled up with a good book. The weather wasn't smokin hot when we were there, so it was such a nice comfort to have a fireplace. AND this place even had gourmet cookies waiting for us when we arrived!

The bathroom was crazy too. There was this insane shower that had sorts of crazy jets, and a huge jacuzzi tub, complete with candles and a beautiful view of outside.

At night time we would get back to our room and they had already shut the huge curtains for us, and set the lights down, leaving us a little treat beside our bed, like a bottle of water, or some tea.

Of course I had to jump on the bed...it was the only solution. I had to show my excitement somehow!!!

When we weren't doing wedding things, we were fortunate enough to escape into Victoria to do a tiny bit of shopping...more like window shopping, and hang out around town. Victoria is a beautiful city, with great views of the ocean, right downtown.



The day of the wedding was AWESOME. We slept in, because the wedding wasn't until later, went for breakfast, and then we headed out in our SUV to the beautiful winery that it was at. This place was absolutely stunning. It had such a homey and quaint feeling to it. It was a family run winery...but so beautifully kept. Boasting of beautiful rose gardens and plant life...and there were even huge peacocks around.


The wedding was set around all the amazing gardens under a white tent, because we weren't sure if it was going to rain or not. But the rain held out and the sun shone in.

Laura, the bride, looked absolutely stunning in her wedding dress. It was such a pretty wedding. She walked in to a beautiful music played by 2 live musicians.


After the ceremony, everybody met in the white "greenhouse" for the cutting of the cake and champagne. It was so beautiful in there.
I think its safe to say that Danny and I both fell in love with the little flower girl. She was 5 years old, and seriously such an adorable little button. We could not get over how cute she was, and how mature she was for her age!!!! She was so playful, but could make really good conversation-it was quite amazing!


So that is all the pics I have with me right now. We didn't take too many at the reception because the lighting was dim, so it was hard to get a good shot. BUT we did a few other things on our trip that I am hoping to post about...visiting with relatives, the Jazz festival, etc. So as I get more pics I will post them for sure!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Unbelievable. Truly a picture perfect place!! And what a gorgeous wedding venue...glad you guys enjoyed yourselves. Though I must say I'm a bit ticked that you were in BC and didn't even call me. :) Anyway...hope to talk soon!

EveryoneLies said...

Okay.
I have decided that is where I am getting married.
Good?
Ya... now that ive found the place... uhhh.

danny said...

i'm just glad the musicians were "live" and not "dead". ROAR!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. I'm inspired to go to Vancouver Island sometime. Beautiful wedding. Loved the room. I'm glad you had such an amazing time.

j e r e m i a h 15:16

"As your words came to me I drank them in, and they filled my heart with joy and happiness because I belong to you. "