Tuesday, July 17, 2007

It's Official...We're Moving!

Most of you have already heard...so this may not be the least bit exciting for you...but I thought I would write anyways. But its official, and gone public. As of November, Danny and I will be living in Vancouver! Well, Vancouver area. We are looking in Burnaby because properties are cheaper there and we want something not as hectic as Vancouver.

I've got accepted into a Travel and Tourism Business Management diploma program located in downtown Vancouver, that starts this January. Danny is going to take a year off of ministry to re-evaluate and seek out where God is calling him to serve next. It's an exciting, VERY emotional transition for us both. We have had a handful of emotional conversations that were extremely hard, but we feel blessed by the ongoing support and understanding from our friends and family. Life right now is a tad stressful. We need prayer. Trying to sell the condo, looking for jobs in BC, and figuring out property stuff-we need a home, and want to buy!!! There is lots going on, and it is busy, BUSY, busy.

We have a few things to look forward in the near future though on a positive note. This September Danny and I will be traveling Europe for a month with our cousins from Cali, Tom and Heather (they got married 10 months before us). HOLLA! And then in October we will experience a lovely second honeymoon-island hopping in Hawaii for 3 weeks! Although, I can't say we'll be living it up in luxury on this "second honeymoon" because we don't exactly have heaps of money...hostels it is! ha.

So that's our big news. Very exciting. Fun. Change. Scary. Hard Work. ahhhh

This is a side note: Yesterday I was really sick. Like I HAD TO stay lying down. So a few times I would get up to get something or do something. And have you ever gotten up too fast, so you kind of black out for a second, or have to grab the wall, or counter, or whatever, to regain your composure? Well that was me yesterday. A few times. It wasn't fun. However...I think it would be really funny to watch. Someone should make a video of a whole bunch of people getting up too fast. I bet I would laugh.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh Hailey girl! You're too funny (in regards to your "getting up to fast" that is!) You make me laugh! Anyway...very exciting that we don't have to keep your moving a secret anymore! WE're very pumped that you'll be living less than an hour away! And we'll continue to pray that you can sell your condo. God is in control--- just try to relax in his timing even if its not your timing.
By the way, check out my blog---we also have some exciting news ;)

Love you and hopefully we'll chat soon!

Anonymous said...

Hailey! So exciting. You of course know that Vacouver is like 1,000,000,000,000 times better than Edmonton. Now, so as not to offend those who love Edmonton, I have never lived there, so I don't know of all of its charm.

You guys are going to do so great. Moving is scary. Someday in about 2 years Aaron and I will be heading south... not to Canada... but possibly the seattle area. Warmer... warmer!

Exciting stuff. Thanks for sharing! And I have to say I think it's awesome that Danny is taking time off to re-evaluate. I think God is doing that with heaps of people. Especially in ministry. Every blessing!

j e r e m i a h 15:16

"As your words came to me I drank them in, and they filled my heart with joy and happiness because I belong to you. "