Thursday, July 26, 2007

A little bit of this, and a little bit of that.

Hey Everybody! Hope you are doing well! Things with us are good. Gearing up for a weekend of camping. We decided that seeing as we are moving in the near future, that we wanted to spend our first anniversary with some of our close friends. So we are heading off to Banff! Very exciting. I will post once we're back.

Two nights ago Danny, Robbie, Danielle and myself went to this cute little restaurant downtown called Famoso Pizzeria. The restaurant owners brought back their idea for this gourmet pizza joint, from their trip to Naples, Italy. It was really delicious and reasonably priced too. I wonder if I'll come up with a cool business idea from our trip to Europe? Probably not. I wish. After that we headed to the Winspear (a gorgeous facility for concerts, performances, etc...-for those of you who don't live in Edmonton)to the the Rufus Wainwright concert, and man was it ever good. One of the best shows I've been to by far. He sings the type of songs, that you can easily get lost in. The crowd would be so silent when he sang...I don't know that I've ever experienced that before. His voice carries you with it. His theory is that, well he just came back from touring Europe, and he says there is nothing like playing in North America. In Europe he says its nice, people appreciate him, but are more apathetic because it is so cultural there. But then you come to North America and everybody goes nuts for him because we're just starved for culture. I can't say I totally disagree either!! But that's a whole different issue. Plus this guy was funny. I mean really funny. For example, he would say something like this: "This song really matches these pants" as he introduces his song...He and his band came out in oldschool colorful suits with shiny decals on them. They played a sweet first set and then they had an intermission. After that he came out in what looked like a yodler's costume, hiked up socks, suspenders and all. And for his encore, he came out in a bathrobe. Proceeded to sing a few songs in it, and then eventually the rest of his band came back out in full on tuxedos. He then put on sparkly HUGE earings and jewellery and bright red lipstick you could see from the top balcony! And took the bathrobe off revealing a mini skirt/tuxedo top thing, and stockings to show off his really really nice girly legs. It was seriously SO funny. His band and him did a little dance number...broadway style. It was sweet cause his band had some really old men in it. I quite enjoyed myself!

Anyways, that is all that is really going on right now. Here are a few pics from Amanda and Matt's wedding that I went to last weekend. As promised. I don't have many with me at work though, so these will have to do!





Here I am with my "long lost friend" Mel! She is the wife of Jedd, whom I used to work with at Sherwood Park Alliance Church. If you can believe it, she is a Mom of 4-she just had a baby! She is skinny as ever!!! I can only wish I will be so fortunate when I have kids!!! So nice to catch up with them though.



Hope you all have a fabulous weekend. I am so glad its here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're like the wedding attendance queen! You should do an end of summer recap. Have you considered a career in wedding journalism?

j e r e m i a h 15:16

"As your words came to me I drank them in, and they filled my heart with joy and happiness because I belong to you. "