Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Fairytale Wedding

This summer is definitely the summer of weddings for us. I cannot even tell you. We have a million to be at! But they're so fun, how could we say no to any. This wedding we went to was this past weekend. In HOT weather. Smokin hot. 35+!!!! And the entire wedding was outside!!!!!! Ceremony and Reception. However, the clouds rolled over just as the ceremony was starting so that provided for a little shade! What a blessing.

Anyways, it was our friends James and Jen who tied the knot in the heat! We've just recently been getting to know this couple over the past 6 months, and they are great. SO MUCH fun! They are both amazing small group leaders at our church. It is hard to know we'll me moving and leaving such a great people behind. It was a blessing to be a part of their wedding. Danny did part of their ceremony for them as well. Pastor Dan my man...

The wedding took place in Jen's backyard. Such a dream wedding. Her Dad owns Martin Equipment, so they sell like John Deere tractors and the like. They own over 80 acres of land. Simply insane!!!!







The ceremony was stunning. A really nice sermon, and James was so cute nearly crying as Jen walked down the aisle. I always love to watch the groom. Although it usually makes me tear up!!! Once Jen and James were pronounced MARRIED they walked down the aisle together to "Sexy Back" by Justin Timberlake. It was really funny actually.

Okay, and I must say the cupcakes were delicious. They had vanilla cupcakes with cherry flavored icing, very unique and wonderful. And they also had chocolate with mint flavored icing. Danny's favorite. I know you were all wondering about these details...so I just had to make sure you know.

This picture makes me laugh, because Danny caught me in a true moment of joy. I can't remember what I found so funny, or joyous. But I just look so pleased!!!! hahaha

They had their reception in this gorgeous tent that looked like it was from the movies. It was gorgeous as the sun set into the tent.


The mosquito's went to war with my body. I was being attacked. So I had to wear Danny's jacket for a while.

Okay, I know this picture is kind of blurry, but I have to tell you.... Their band was INCREDIBLE. I would say a mix of Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett. I couldn't have been happier with the music. Definitely the highlight of the wedding for me. I seriously felt like I was in a movie. They were the classic "wedding band" from the movies. They sang all my favorite classics like "You Make Me Feel So Young" and "The Lady is A Tramp"...oh man, I could have watched them play for a day straight. I swear I was born in the wrong decade.








I almost want to start a "RATE THE WEDDING" chart for all you viewers out there. But I wont. Because I don't want to pick favorites, and every wedding is unique to each couple! But man, with the amount of weddings we're going to this summer its crazy. We have one this weekend too! And then 2 more after that!

No comments:

j e r e m i a h 15:16

"As your words came to me I drank them in, and they filled my heart with joy and happiness because I belong to you. "