Sunday, February 25, 2007

Oh what a Fabulously Hectic Weekend

WOW! What an exhausting and long, but WONDERFUL weekend. Friday night I was able to go spend a few hours with Danielle at Starbucks on Whyte Avenue, while Danny stayed home to watch the hockey game, and prep for the rest of the weekend.

Very nice to relax while we had the chance. Oh man. We had our final and largest fundraisers this past weekend, and they all went AMAZING. God truly blessed us! On Saturday Danny and I headed over to the church at 11 am to start setting up for our silent auction later in the evening, and to start prepping some food for our Saturday night dinner. At the beginning of the day I was a bit skeptical, because we only had about 30 items for our silent auction at the church...but once more people started to arrive, more things were brought and we ended up with over 75 items! Anything from paintings, to Oilers paraphernalia, beauty and bath products, cell phones, tons of gift certificates, weekend getaways, hockey tickets, luggage, jewellery, and a pocket bike, and heaps of other things!!!! Majority of my day however, was spent in the kitchen. I was assigned to be "Kitchen Coordinator", keeping things under control, delegating tasks...pretty much going crazy. There was tons of prepping to be done so I started with the lettuce along with Danny and Carrie, one of our youth. Washing, Drip Drying, Salad spinning, cutting. Over and over. And as I was cutting...I chopped my thumb! Here is a picture of me saddened by this occurrence. Like a poor wounded duckling. haha










But then Carrie patched me up
& I was a happy camper. Thumbs up!





As the day went on, more of our team showed up, and we worked SO HARD to make sure everything was ready in time. When people started showing up we starting serving pasta with meat sauce, salad, buns and sundaes for dessert. Fun times were had!











After dinner the silent auction was under way.

And overall the silent auction was a HUGE success, and answer to prayer. Although we didnt make it home until 11 at night, the hard work was worth the lack of sleep.


This morning we woke up bright and early, hopped over to Starbucks, and headed to the church. Day two our our weekend fundraisers! We had a HUGE pancake breakfast and a EVEN BIGGER pasta lunch. Overall we probably fed over 400 people this weekend. And today we had face painting and balloon animals for the kids too! Let's just say that it was out of control awesome. Crazy stressful and fast paced, but we were working with such a big team of helpers today. So many people came to help us it was such a blessing. AND the best news of it all was that we made over $10 000 in two days!
















Thank you all so much for your prayers and support. We could have never done it without you. And right now, I think I'll head to bed!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Congrats on your HUGE fundraiser success! 10 G's in 2 days...that's incredible! Glad you survived the weekend...sounded chaotic, but good :)
Love you guys...hope to chat SOON!!

j e r e m i a h 15:16

"As your words came to me I drank them in, and they filled my heart with joy and happiness because I belong to you. "