Friday, February 23, 2007

Dinner Extravanganza!



Well last night was nice. Danny and I were able to host the world's smallest dinner party. Table for 3 please? I guess it would have been bigger had we invited more people, but we were content just inviting our little sister Darla. "Our" parents are out of town right now in Peru at some Compassion Canada headquarters to see how things are run, and what needs to be done, and how we can help. For those who don't know, Compassion Canada is very similar to the World Vision Organization. We have a brand new sponsor child from them, and he is seriously the cutest little button you will ever see. I love him to bits. I will post a pic of him eventually. Anyways...so Darla is running the ship at her house right now, so we thought we'd treat her to some dinner at the condo...Spaghettini pasta with vegetable-meat sauce, home-made bruschetta, and mandarin orange spinach salad with a vinaigrette dressing. Delish! We had many laughs and enjoyed our time together. Darla is leaving for YWAM in Kona Hawaii on April 3rd-we will miss her a ton. She is doing a Photography DTS and will be travelling to some really cool places to minister through photography. What a cool experience!!!!! If you're interested in photography, you should check out this website http://www.photogenx.net. They actually have a school coming up where you travel the entire world, every continent excluding Antarctica, and do photography for 2 years straight....building your portfolio and learning about the bible, among other things, getting into culture, etc. Such an amazing concept.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Fun times!! That YWAM program sounds incredible! Hope she has an amazing time.

Anonymous said...

Hailey my girl. Sometimes I can't help but remember you, me, Leah, and Elisabeth in our old room, laughing, talking about life. You three are so precious to me. I really do think of you often. I love that you are married to someone that loves Jesus. I love that I know have a way to be part of your life! I love that you helped me to connect back up with Bonnie as well! Every blessing on you my girl. And P.S. Blue Like Jazz is one of my favorite books as well. :) I miss you.

j e r e m i a h 15:16

"As your words came to me I drank them in, and they filled my heart with joy and happiness because I belong to you. "