Monday, February 12, 2007

All from a cookie

And now it's Monday. Danny and I both had a wonderful weekend. Except, on Saturday we woke up bright and early, to get our travel vaccinations. I only had to get 3 needles, Danny got 4. We are a bit wimpy to say the least. It's quite pathetic actually. But it hurt! I have survived though, which is all that really matters. We tried to do some shopping downtown, but that didn't go over so well. So we rested at home for the day. However, while Danny was out with the boys later Saturday night, I was able to do some scrapbooking, which is really good because I am so behind! And last night we were lucky enough to be invited to an Oilers game with some new friends of ours from the church. It was a lot of fun. To make the night even better, the Oilers won! Go Oilers. Overall a good weekend.
Today Danny brought me lunch to work. Along with that, came a fortune cookie. I wasn't going to open it because I didn't really feel like eating the cookie. But as much as I think those fortunes are a joke, I cant help but always want to know what mine is. So I decided to check. Today I was surprised. I actually enjoyed what it had to say, but it left me thinking...could this actually be true? In a non-sac religious way of course, listening to a fortune and all. Could I be fortunate enough to enjoy this? Is this God's subtle way of telling me to hang in there-is he going to reward me? Why is it, that one little cookie can make me ask so many questions? And why do I find myself telling the little piece of paper "I wish it were true"?? Maybe you'll understand better if you know what it is:

I think maybe the Edmonton cold has just gotten to me this year. I was telling Danny I actually feel angry at the cold. Like I wish I could yell at it, and tell it that I don't like it. But I cant even do that! It is a waste of anger. I guess for now I'll just keep talking to my little piece of paper. But maybe one day soon I can relax in sunshine? And no, I am not crazy.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

HOORAY!!!! You started a blog! Now we will DEFINITELY be able to keep in touch :) I miss you FAR too much you crazy girl.
So here's what I think.
1) Your fortune sounds fabulous
2) I would like to join you on this expedition
3) Maybe you should come visit me....this one is irrelevant to your fortune cuz its raining right now, but still...you should come visit.
So...there you have it....your very first REAL comment on your very first REAL blog. And i was privileged enough to be the person to leave it. I'm lovin' that.
k, now i am going to call you. cuz its just been too long :) LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

j e r e m i a h 15:16

"As your words came to me I drank them in, and they filled my heart with joy and happiness because I belong to you. "