Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Looong weekend in Edmo

This past long weekend has been a crazy one. You would think that because it was long, that would give us more time to rest. However, for Danny and I that was not really the case. We did however enjoy ourselves for the most part. Friday we went and saw the movie "Music and Lyrics" with Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant. I thought it was cute and definitely had some funny bits! On Saturday Danny and I went to Whyte Avenue because the weather was beautiful, so we walked around the shops and outside and enjoyed a Starbucks. At night we went to our friend, Ian Sheh's Birthday/Chinese New Year Party at a Chinese Restaurant here in the West End with about 20 other people. The cuisine was extremely authentic ranging from nice cups of green tea along with some good ol' sweet and sour pork, to pig hooves, and white slimy sea creatures. It was an experience to say the least. But I did pretty good, but I would have to say my favorite part of the meal was the cake! For the rest of the weekend we cleaned our condo for what seemed like forever, went shopping, ran errands, and visited with our families. Monday morning we had brunch with our fellow Africa team leaders at our condo. Everything was so delicious...I should have taken pictures!!!! But afterward we had pretty much a 7 hour meeting with our entire Africa youth team. A very good time, yet very long. For those who don't know, we leave for Niger, 3 weeks from tomorrow on a humanitarian mission. We have so many exciting things planned I can hardly wait. Niger is at the moment the world's poorest country, so there is great need. Some of the things we'll be doing include: teaching ESL courses, weighing babies suffering from malnutrition with Samaritan's Purse and distributing food, AIDS education and prevention, and Kids programs and orphan care along with a few other things. Please keep us in your prayers as we are gearing up for this trip. A lot of energy is going into this and we really want to see God move!

Last night I had the privilege of getting together with one of my best friends Danielle Kreeft for our weekly coffee at Starbucks. Not all of you know her, but she has been one of my absolute closest friends for the last 7 years. Last year she spent half a year at YWAM working with children with AIDS in Africa, and at the moment she is in Journalism at Grant Mac here in Edmo-and is an aspiring photographer! One can only be so lucky to know her! AS always, it was a good chat.
Well that is all for now, time for me to get back to work!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Sounds like a good weekend! But I must ask, why was it a "long weekend?" There wasn't a holiday. Unless of course someone has made up a stat holiday that I don't know about and am getting "jipped" of. Anyway...just curious.
And yes...let's talk SOON!

Bonnie said...

PS: You're looking HOT these days girl! What is different about your hair? Whatever it is, you look great!

hailey said...

In Alberta we have "Family Day" on Monday (the 19th). So it was a stat holiday. Sorry to tell you this Bon, but I think you got jipped.

Bonnie said...

Family Day!?! Are you serious? That is awesome...and yes...us BC'ers definitely got jipped! Why don't WE have a family day? :)

j e r e m i a h 15:16

"As your words came to me I drank them in, and they filled my heart with joy and happiness because I belong to you. "