Monday, January 5, 2009

Collecting Kiwi

Seeing as you all haven't really been properly updated on my new job, I figure that I should fill ya'll in.

My passion is travel. The world. Anything to do with culture, I am usually interested. My main passion for my career life is to mix travel and humanitarian aid. I love helping people. I want to make a difference. I think everybody does. But this isn't as easy to find in the travel industry, nor does it pay well. So, to gain experience and to pay off my hideous student loan, I have taken a job at a company that deals with pretty much the opposite of what my passion is - luxury travel. More specifically luxury hotel rooms. I am Content Manager for the website, so that when a new property signs a contract with us I get info on the hotel and write about it. This means I could be writing about a little Inn on the South Island of New Zealand, or a gorgeous chateau in the South of France, or even a large-and-in-charge hotel in downtown New York City. Anything goes. As long as its luxury. This job unfortunately doesn't involve any traveling, but the job isn't without other perks.

I still haven't lost my passion, and I still desire a career in humanitarian aid... but for now this is good. This pays the bills, and is a pretty positive work environment, so I can't complain! However, 40 hours a week is proving to be a lot! So that is my job in a nutshell! And for the record, at this point I can't really get any hotel deals for anybody, but I will sure to post if the day comes when I can!!!  If you want the name of our website, let me know. :)

1 comment:

Sally said...

Love it. Thanks for the info on the new job. Also, good idea to let people know that you're not a deal broker. You just saved yourself hours of awkward conversation. :)

j e r e m i a h 15:16

"As your words came to me I drank them in, and they filled my heart with joy and happiness because I belong to you. "