Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Lately I'm Craving...


New York.

It's 7:00 pm on a Wednesday, and I'm sitting here at the end of a long day at work, listening to Putumayo French Cafe - just resting. Thinking. For whatever reason I can't stop thinking about New York. It's been 3 days now, and its like a craving I can't seem to kick. Its my drug. It feels like a need, not a want. Doesn't help that I work in the travel industry either. I'm content with Vancouver, and my life here. But I have officially been bit with the travel bug, and badly.

What's so great about New York? Really.
You know... there is almost too much that is great.

For one, the shopping is crazy. Even if you don't buy anything its still fun to peek in little boutiques in Soho - you can be in almost any store and you will probably find something worth looking at. The fashion is of course to die for as well, but at the same time will no doubt make your outfit seem inadequate.


The cafes are darling. We didn't get to try out many of them while we were there, but after seeing this book, I now have a New York mission whenever my next visit occurs. If you ever come across it, its a cool book - lots of good places we're all missing out on. MMM Latte Art.


Two Words. Central Park.

Magnolia Bakery. Life changing Cupcakes. Literally. One bite and its like the cupcake fairy has come and blessed your mouth. I STILL remember what the icing tasted like. Name one other cupcake shop that has a bouncer. I'm telling you, these cupcakes make people go crazy.


Times Square. Does it ever get old? I don't think so. This is literally a place to lose yourself, and lose track of time. Dudes everywhere selling these delicious fresh honey roasted nuts, everywhere you look you see taxis and I heart NY shirts, people galore, BROADWAYS, restaurants, shopping, bright lights and giant advertisements.


I could go on forever, but I wont. I've been trying to lose myself in books to keep my sanity lately. My nicorette, but for travel addictions. I'm in Borneo right now, at an orangutan sanctuary. Adventure Divas. Good book so far about women making a difference in the world. Not stuffy either.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Aaron totally is totally in New York City right now! Funny that you posted this. I'm making him bring me back cupcakes. I need the name of the place with the bouncer. Even if they are smashed... I bet they would still be good.

Bonnie said...

Cute post Hails! And can Jon and I please join you on your next NY visit? We NEED to go there! And now you've started me on the travel bug now too. Thanks a lot... ;)

danny said...

"Dudes everywhere selling these delicious fresh honey roasted nuts..." = amazing sentence.

j e r e m i a h 15:16

"As your words came to me I drank them in, and they filled my heart with joy and happiness because I belong to you. "