Sunday, January 6, 2008

Thanks a MILLION

Thanks to you all for your patience. As you all know we have been in the process of MOVING over the last 2 weeks and I have not had internet access really at all, so that is why I haven't written. We are getting internet tomorrow hopefully, so things will get better soon. Here is a point form version for you to fill you in on what has been going down in our lives.
  1. Christmas was super fun and hard all at the same time. We were juggling families, trying to fit in all our goodbye's with friends, and preparing for our move, all in one breath. Merry Belated Christmas to you all!!!!! I hope everyone had such a good one!
  2. We spent the night in Kelowna on Boxing Day, at Danny's Grandma's along with his parents and our sister Darla. They helped us move out to Vancouver, so that was AWESOME and SUCH a big help. We eventually made it out here where we proceeded to move in all our boxes, and do some painting too! I will post photos soon!
  3. Our cousins from California were up for new Year's so we took them to Stanley Park (a giant beautiful park near the ocean), and while we were out on a 20 minute walk our car was broken into and they stole our laptop and some of our cousins things. It was a sad sad day. There was no sign of breaking and entering, so they got in some secret way...Thankfully insurance kicks in and we give them $500 for the deductible and then we get a new laptop. AND we have all our photos on backup (Praise God), so we are safe in that respect. But still super bummed.
  4. I had school orientation the other day and met my small class of girls! All girls! It was good though. So crazy to walk into the school and its all about travel. I start tomorrow and I am lookin forward to it!
  5. We went to church today and there are tons of ppl that are from Edmonton that go there...so strange! It was good though...awesome teaching, and really young crowd. Its in a movie theater. So we are going to go again next week. Its really close to our house, and on a really cool street. We'll give it a shot, and make a decision in the future if we want to make it home.
  6. The job search is slowly coming along. I am hoping to get a job at this place where they sell travel literature and it is just jam packed full of cool books on literary travel... I love it! And its only blocks from our place! Danny is hunkering down this week to look for something for him now that we are more settled.
  7. Someone kicked our car the other day. Long story short, the other day we were stuck in traffic by a train and we didnt move our car up 2 feet as this man rudely honked at us to do so, so once he eventually got passed us, his friend got out of the car with fuming rage and proceeded to yell at us, punch our window, and then he kicked our car. He was psycho.
  8. I am eating a delicious chocolate banana loaf right now.
So that is all for now folks. I promise when life becomes more normal I will write more!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Well first of all... I feel TERRIBLE that your first experiences of the Lower Mainland haven't been so good. I apologize on behalf of all the losers you have come in contact with so far. Boo them. :) But second of all, we're PUMPED that you're finally here and can't wait to hang out! Hope this weekend works... 'twould be grand.
Good luck for tomorrow. Love you guys. Talk to you soon!

ruth said...

Hey Hailey!
Glad you guys made it safely and moving wasn't too crazy. That sucks about your car, my car got broken into last night in my own parking garage, they only got my ipod, but it was the second time, first time they got my computer and pictures were lost. :-( Good luck with school and for finding jobs for both of you! We'll have to get together sometime, once things have calmed down!

Nini said...

Hailey! As Bonnie and Ruth said...sorry about the lame things that have been happening! Ugh! Are Heather and Tom up there with you? Were those the Cali cousins? Still can't believe that you are now related to Heather! Small world!

Know you guys are being prayed for! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Someone kicked your car? Okay, I know this is not a good situation, but it's a really funny story. Someone kicked your car! Am I right in interpreting that you were in it? Cahrazay!

j e r e m i a h 15:16

"As your words came to me I drank them in, and they filled my heart with joy and happiness because I belong to you. "