Monday, January 28, 2008

Face Lift

Well I figure its about time I changed our pictures on this thing.  I guess I just got in a rut that way... for about an ENTIRE year.  A facelift is nice now and then, if its free.  And if it doesn't make you look ugly... or like you have fake lips or cheekbones.

So here's the latest.  We are NEARLY settled.  Nearly.  Let me count... okay... 11 boxes left to unpack, relatively small, but probably all filled with stuff we don't really need.  If we've lived this long without it...who's to say there is actually something important inside those 11 boxes?  It's tempting to think maybe we should just throw them out, without checking what's inside.  hmmm.  I'll ponder that.

So now that you know how many boxes are left to unpack, let me get on with some more important news.  Well....I started school- Travel and Tourism Business Management.  And so far so good.  Small class of girls, FIVE of us to be exact.  For the business side of things that is.  The travel portion of our learning starts in April, where more students will be joining us, so until then I am literally learning about motherboards and RAM, and microprocessing chips, and the insides of the computer.  All extremely interesting, might I add (sarcasm noted).  However, I am really enjoying myself nonetheless.  I also started a new job at a local Travel Bookstore in my area and I love that too.  Who wouldn't want to talk about travel all day long with other people?  The only problem is that it is difficult for me in the sense that the most exciting place I will be traveling to this year is EDMONTON.  That's right.  I heard it is -41 degrees CELSIUS there right now.  For all you Americans, just have a cat nap in your freezer, and you'll have an idea of how cold that really is.  So needless to say, as much as I enjoy talking about the Hawaiian islands with some customers... I am also secretly slapping them across the face in my head.  (kidding, slightly...)  Danny just got a job at a store we both love called the Urban Barn.  (a modern home furniture store) We're quite excited as this month has proven to be difficult on the job search front for Danny.  Looking for a job outside of ministry and liking it, AND getting paid decently is not as easy as it looks.  I am proud of him for giving this a go, and I think he'll do great at it!

Vancouver in general... great city.  We are happy here.  Nothing awful has happened since the last kicking of our car incident or the thieving of our laptop.  We have since had our computer replaced, and also, have bought a new used car too. 2007 Toyota Corolla.  We will probably keep this car for a total of 5 months.  Oh the things I let my husband do.  How many cars have we owned since we've been married now?  Oh right, FOUR.  It's his thing... not mine.  As long as he's happy that's all that matters.  BUT... as much as we like our new car, we are walking more here, and spending more time outside.  I even started shopping at little independent markets for our fruits and vegetables a couple blocks away.  True story!  The weather is quite pleasant too.  We went for a walk around the harbor and for lunch and coffee yesterday!  Wouldn't be doing that in Edmonton.  Let me see... what else?  We have found a church with great teaching and a younger crowd, so we are probably going to join a small group there.  We are still deciding on that though.  But its nice to have found a place that we MAY be able to call our church home.  Anyways, as you can tell, the novelty of living here, still hasn't worn off... but I do count my blessings every day.  I feel like we are supposed to be here right now, and its just really affirming to feel that way.  Things are relatively good.  So we are happy!

I will post more pics soon! Hope everyone's January is going delightful.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Yes indeed! You WERE meant to be living here right now :) Or at least, that's MY thinking :) Glad to hear everything is going well. Can't wait to see your new place! Hope we can get together SOON!!
And a HUGE congrats to Danny on finding a job... i LOVE the Urban Barn and I'm sure he'll be great at it!

Anonymous said...

Hailey! So glad you're back in business! I have been missing your fun updates.

I'm so pumped that you're enjoying Vancouver. I can totally see you there.

Aaron and I are Seattle or Portland bound in a about a year and a half or so... we could be neighbors!!! It's probably a bit early to schedule a coffee date, but it's definitley on the horizon. It's ridiculously cold here right now. Brrrrr.....

Montana said...

Yes I do have a blog. Apparently anyone who is anyone has one... so...you know, how can i NOT? I actually started it simply with the intent of keeping my family updated because we never see them...but the blogging world found me and now I'm in the club! :)
Carolyn

j e r e m i a h 15:16

"As your words came to me I drank them in, and they filled my heart with joy and happiness because I belong to you. "