Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A Mini Update!

If you can accept my apology for not writing I would be VERY thrilled! I am sorry I haven't posted we have had literally MINIMAL Internet access for the last month. Out of control. It is nice to not have it tying me down, but at the same time I feel like I have lost all communication with everyone! Our Internet has been cut at our condo, and we are officially moved out and have renters in there until it sells. We holidayed at my Mom's side of the family's place on Vancouver island for nearly a week, and we were home for ONE day to prepare for our September long trip! Life has been ANYTHING BUT relaxing. Although we are enjoying ourselves!

On Aug.29 we headed to New York for a couple days where we enjoyed ourselves very much, although it was so busy, and we barely got any sleep at all, and had no down time! We arrived in the evening and hit Times Square so that was pretty amazing. SO much advertising pulling your attention, bright lights, a MILLION people-JUST INSANE! It was gorgeous weather and very fun. We were on the David Leterman show, and we were fortunate enough to see the sunset over the city at the top of the Rockefeller centre...where we could see miles of buildings and beautiful scenery overlooking the city. I LOVED Central Park and all its glory. It was 100x bigger than I thought it was. Absolutely HUGE! So many trees and little parks and fields and then you walk around the boundaries of the Park and its right downtown! We also went to the Mary Poppins Broadway, which I loved, and I was singing the songs in my head the whole next day.

We are now in London, England listening to the AWESOME British accents,(which make the kids like 100 000 times cuter than they actually are.) Before we arrived here, we were in Ireland for 2 days but just adjusting to the jet-lag and taking it easy. We didn't do a whole lot, but it was neat to touch down there and see a bit of the country. Their accents were sure funny. But now we are at our family friends' apartment which is in the heart of the city of London and very nice. They are so fortunate to live in such a cool spot! We will do some sight seeing tomorrow and then I think we'll be off to Greece hopefully in a day or two, so I will try to keep you up to date when I can. I have NO CLUE when the next time I will be able to write will be. It may not be until the end of the month! But I am thinking of you all, and I hope that you are good wherever you may be, as September has arrived! Time for bed for me! zzzzzzzz

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

What a neat adventure you're embarking on! Jon and I are so excited that you're going to get to explore Europe and that you'll get to do it on your own schedule---very nice! New York sounds like it was IN-credible. Can't wait for you guys to get here in November so we can see all your pictures and hear all about your trip! Take care and SOAK IT IN!! It'll be over before you know it :) Love you and say hi to Danny for us!

j e r e m i a h 15:16

"As your words came to me I drank them in, and they filled my heart with joy and happiness because I belong to you. "