Thursday, September 6, 2007

12 Thoughts from a Travelling Hailey





Random thoughts from my travels:
1. People from London are somewhat abrupt or unfriendly. I can't decide which one.
2. I love the old buildings in London. There is so so so much history here it is nearly impossible to wrap your mind around it. I love how they still use those old fashioned looking taxis too and the double decker buses. Very cute.
3. Pringles are everywhere in the world. I have decided there is nowhere there arent Pringles. I ate them in Africa in the middle of the Sahara dessert, and I ate them in the small airport town of Shannon Ireland. They are everywhere.
4. Driving should be illegal in London. It is so dangerous. Pedestrians and cars should have a 100 mile restraining order from one another, because we already saw a man get hit on his bicycle and I never want to hear a noise like that again in my life. I was sick to my stomach. I should rephrase....Danny SAW his bike fly in the air, and I HEARD a loud yell, and then we SAW a man lying in the middle of the road surrounded by honking cars and people. It was disturbing.
5. I hate flying. I hate it and I never want to do it ever again in my whole entire life. We had the shakiest flight EVER flying into London I actually almost broke Danny's hand.
6. Always pack light and buy more when you're away. You KNOW you'll end up picking up a few things so it is actually STUPID to pack your suitcase tight before you've even left home. I'm an idiot.
7. I want an accent. I don't care what kind, but not North American. Give me something interesting; different than everybody back home. Like British. I'll take their vocabulary too. Except the amount of swear words that come along with it.
8. I don't like Irish food. Well I didn't like ANYTHING I ate there (except the Pringles). But I really didn't eat a whole lot so...maybe I am not really sure. But the burger I ate was nasty and so was the salad. And their Coke made Danny sick.
9. Ireland looks like New Zealand a lot! So green, and there were sheep.
10. I like the noise horses hooves make on the road. There are all sorts of patrollers riding horses here in uniform.
11. You have to PAY to use the washrooms in the malls in London, or on the street corner. Not cool.
12. We went for East Indian food the other night with the family we're staying with and I absolutely LOVED IT. It was beyond fab. So delicious!!!!!!

Well there you go. 12 random thoughts!!! That's all for now. Hopefully I will have one more post while we still have free internet. We leave for Santorini, Greece on Saturday night! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pray for safe flights for us. I get so scared now with all these scary flight incidents lately. Your prayers are TRULY appreciated!!!!! Much love from the UK...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved this post. I think that the one about packing is totally funny. So true. I always over-pack as well. I should just pack my suitcase and then take out exactly half. No one on vacation cares if you wear the same clothes every day. Hang in there about the flying. It's a little nerve racking, but completely safer than you think.

Bonnie said...

I know what you mean about having to pay to go pee. Jon was choked that he had to pay 1 Euro just to go pee when we were in Venice :) So funny. The worst part is that you'd think the washrooms would be IMMACULATE because you have to pay for them, but Jon was really disgusted by the washroom he used. Hmmm. Anyway...really enjoyed this post and am so glad you're having fun. Sorry about the traumatic moments you've had so far...I'll be thinking of you and praying for safety!! Love you!

j e r e m i a h 15:16

"As your words came to me I drank them in, and they filled my heart with joy and happiness because I belong to you. "