Thursday, June 14, 2007

Random Blurbs


Well nothing too crazy has been going on in our neck of the woods lately. We are keeping busy though! We were dog sitting for Danny's parents last week...and let me tell you, we learned many lessons. One of them being that we are SO NOT ready to get a dog for some time. We definitely love dogs...Danny more than myself, but we are MUCH too unsettled to take care of our own. It was a really hard week, mainly because if we brought the dog back to sleep at our condo it would seriously whine ALL NIGHT LONG. One night Danny only got 4 hours of sleep. It was ridiculous. SO, for many nights we were apart...Danny at his parents and then me at the condo. Not my favorite week.


On the weekend we got to take part in a special event. My little sis Natalie got baptized and Danny and I took part in the dunking, at my old church in front of about 400 people! It was really exciting to be a part of. We had all her friends over at my parents place for a bonfire afterwards. She is only 14, so it was a big step for her.

Sorry the picture is blurry!!!!




This is a random pic I took at West Edmonton Mall. It's kind of a strange time at the mall right now because they are shooting a big film in Edmonton at the moment starring Patrick Swaze, Carmen Electra, and Chris Kattan...and a few others. It's a Christmas movie, so there are Christmas decorations EVERYWHERE. I overheard some girls talking saying something like "This is soooo creepy, why are there so many Christmas decorations everywhere!!!!" I laughed to myself. They didn't know a movie was being filmed. I decided to let them stay creeped out. hehe ;) This picture below is a part of the movie set.

Here is a random quote I liked that was on my Caramel Macchiato Cup at Starbucks. "Give me being and feeling over having any day." I liked it because I too often get caught up in the things I want...and end up missing experiences in life because of it. So I am trying to work on that whole "just be" thing.


Danny and I were downtown for a bit this week, and I came across this church that I liked. You don't see tons of grand churches like this one in Edmonton. They are out there...but not very common. So here it is!!!!

2 days ago I went to a concert with my good friend Jessica. Her family has a box at the coliseum here so they get free tickets to nearly every show that comes to Edmonton. This one was GWEN STEFANI!!! I have listened to her music off and on since grade 7...so it was kind of crazy to be suddenly seeing her in real life. I find her to be an interesting person. Her show first of all, was NOT by an means just a concert. It was definitely an entertaining show. Between every song or 2, her, AND all her Japanese back up dancers would do a complete costume change, tights and all- and on top of that, the set would change too. They all looked like little dolls dancing around and everything was just so unique. AND her voice was REALLY good live. Sounds exactly like she would on the radio. But the thing that impressed me the most was that she can sprint and sing at the same time! Now that is talent. She seriously ran (really, really fast) around the coliseum, jumped the boards, ran up stairs into the crowds while singing...and it still sounded good. The set was intricate with a conveyor belt and long black trampolines, and depending on what song it was, the stage was themed accordingly. Overall it was such a fun show to be a part of and I was so grateful to Jessica for bringing me!!!!!


Random blurbs from me to you! Hope everyone is having a good week!!!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it possible that Gwen was lip-syncing? I know other wild dancer type performers do. I just have a hard time thinking that someone can run and sing at the same time. If she can... she's in GREAT shape.

Either way I love Gwen and I'm so pumped you got to see her live.

hailey said...

haha It's possible that she was lip syncing...but I think unlikely because her voice wasn't perfect/crisp...it still had its flaws, but nonetheless it was good. She has the perfect body I am pretty sure...she looked like she was in AMAZING shape...her stomach was ripped...but not too grossly ripped like a body builder!! I was impressed/a little jealous...she motivates me! I dont know how someone who had a baby only a year ago can be in such good shape.

j e r e m i a h 15:16

"As your words came to me I drank them in, and they filled my heart with joy and happiness because I belong to you. "