Wednesday, February 13, 2008

BONJOUR!

Well its been a while since I've written, but thankfully that husband of mine has been able to keep this blog a 'hoppin.  He is quite the story teller I must say.  It's funny how things just seem to happen to him.

Things are good here.  My little sister Natalie is visiting at the moment.  Which is fun.  Danny and Natalie get to have more fun than me though.  They spent the day exploring Vancouver, while I went to school like a good girl.  I missed out.  But I learned ALL about Microsoft Excel and Word, all day long.  Fun times.  It was the best day of my life!  yeeeeaaah.  We are going shopping in the U. S. of A. on Friday though, which I am pretty pumped about.  It will be a quick in and out dealio... but I must say, I am looking forward to it.  Bath and Body Works here I come.

So what else is new might you ask?  Well... The Starbucks on the same street as my school (one of like 50) BLEW UP last night at 2:30 am.  That's right.  Full on exploded.  It was a gas leak they say.  But it blew off the side of a bus driving by and the windows of London Drugs.  Nobody was hurt.  It's a miracle.  I think it's a sign... there was one too many Starbucks in Vancouver.  Don't get me wrong.  There really is nothing like a tall 1% extra foamy Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks.  BUT there really is a Starbucks on every block here.  What if Starbucks takes over the world?  What would we do then?

Work for me is not so... similar to Danny's.  I haven't been asked out on any dates yet.  Maybe its because my bling is bigger, and is therefore more apparent.  I'm not sure.  Either way, I am enjoying being a travel counsellor.  That's really what I am.  The only problem is, I am literally responsible for knowing the world.  Like where everything is.  And I mean E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.  The world is not so small when you're memorizing every city in existence.  TRUST ME.  AND the other issue I'm facing is that I feel like a kid in a candy store.  Surrounded by travelers and books alike.  I actually feel like I'm going crazy some days.  I can't complain though.  At least I'm learning the world.

It's Valentine's day tomorrow.  I have to work.  We celebrated last week though!  It was all a surprise.  Danny made me dinner!  And he surprised me by filling our living room with candles, and bought me my favorite chocolate and he had rented a French film called Paris, Je taime.  Its a movie that is actually a bunch of short films (like 25 or so) shot in Paris...all with different themes.  Some were SO SO random, but overall...it brought me back to Paris, so I was in good spirits.  It was a perfect evening.  But then I turned French.  I literally got in this mood that made me download a bunch of French songs and play them all weekend.  And all I want to do now is go to a French cafe and drink a cappuccino and listen to someone play the accordion.  I must do this soon.

That is all for now my friends.  Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Sounds like a WONDERFUL Valentine's Day, even if it happened early :) Guess what I get to do for Valentine's Day today!?!?! Yup... I get to go watch basketball :) The league tournament starts today so we have to go to a game tonight. But its OK. We'll do dinner some other time.

Hope you have fun with Natalie! Enjoy Bath & Body Works... I'm SOOO jealous!!

Nini said...

Hailey, good to hear from you again. When are you coming to visit? Hee hee.

hailey said...

nini, dont tempt me.

I am literally drooling to come back. I think I just drooled on my keyboard a little!

Anonymous said...

I love that you work in a Travel Book store. Someone should make a movie about you. I'm sure it would be very interesting! And especially funny with all the things that happen to Danny.

j e r e m i a h 15:16

"As your words came to me I drank them in, and they filled my heart with joy and happiness because I belong to you. "