Monday, November 5, 2007

A Foggy Day... in London town!!!!




SIDE NOTE: We are home safe and sound from HAWAII! Just in time for the first snowfall. Can you believe it?? I have literally been bundled up in a blanket the ENTIRE day. I come from the hottest of hots to very cold! I am surviving though! I know, I know... no sympathy. ;)

So here is my little diddy on London. You can expect more blogging from me now that we are home for a month, before we move. I promise! I will get you caught up! So back to London...we arrived there not knowing how long we were going to stay. We stayed with family friends in their BEAUTIFUL penthouse in downtown London. It doesn't get much better then that! After a few situations arose we decided to stay for 4 days. We spent nearly ALL our time walking around. We didn't really go into any buildings or museums or anything! Gives us an excuse to go back I guess. The most we did inside was a little bit of shopping! For the rest of the time we enjoyed London's uniqueness on the outside. Here's a mini nutshell.



The architectue in London was absolutely STUNNING. I loved everything I saw, and I swear everyday I saw a new place I would LOVE to live. It was all so old/modern and unique!! I wish I could rip this property out and plop it in Canada.


My most favorite place we went to was the Nottinghill area. I LOVED IT. They had a huge road just covered in booths with antiques and really unique knick knacks, and clothing, and old books, and jewellery. It went on and on and on, for what seemed like forever. We walked for over an hour. It was so much fun looking around at everything. But you have to watch your purse like crazy because pick-pockets are supposedly everywhere.

This building was COVERED in potted plants. It was IN-sane.


This building was neat. It was called the CANADA HOUSE. London was cool because they have all sorts of Canadian monuments and buildings, gates, etc.


They had these red telephone booths everywhere. So London!


Here is the place we stayed. It's the corner unit. It has the most darling patio...I am so bummed I didn't get a picture of it. But it had a really cool view.


London cabs. Too cool.


West Minister Abbey.


The Parliament Buildings. We would walk and go for a picnic in the field beside it everyday. Picnics are the greatest invention in the entire world. I'm sure of it!

So that is pretty much an extremely brief summary of life in London. I have to be honest, I wasn't expecting to love London as much as I did. It was really...SO BUSY, and there were SO MANY people and cars everywhere. But the chaos was kind of fun. And it was truly a beautiful city. There is so much to do. Anyways...next stop is... the Greek Islands!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's awesome that you just focused on the "outside" of London. It is a beautiful place... never been there, but your pics and so many I've seen look amazing. And it seems that the weather you had was wonderful as well. Did you think of the movie Notting Hill when you were there??? Such a great chick flick.

Bonnie said...

Yeah! You're finally home and will be moving closer to ME!! Less than a month til you come.... I cannot wait! Your pics of London are delightful. We still need to get there one of these days. But I'm REEEEALLY looking forward to your pictures of the Greek Islands. I bet they are to die for.
Happy packing and preparing for life in BC. We can't wait to see you guys!!

j e r e m i a h 15:16

"As your words came to me I drank them in, and they filled my heart with joy and happiness because I belong to you. "