Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Niger Here We Come!


Fly from Edmonton to Montreal, from Montreal to Paris, from Paris to Niamey, Niger, WEST AFRICA! AHHH. (equals TWO days of flying.) Eat your Malaria pills, don't drink their water, watch out for dogs with rabies, wear sunscreen, wear a hat, dont step on thorns or rusty nails, don't get sun stroke, dress modestly, only shake hands when first asked, sleep with a mosquito net-NOTE TO SELF!!!
Well its official, its only a number of hours before we leave. I am getting SUPER excited, and a little anxious. Can you tell?!!!! This past week has been a VERY busy one for us. We had our last 5 hour Africa meeting on Sunday, and all we did was plan, plan, plan. All I am doing tonight is pack pack packing (and I managed to fit a hair appointment in too! haha) I cant have the Africans see my roots. I am such a girl, I apologize. haha But it has been over half a year I think, so it is desperately needed!
So just wanted to let ya'll know if you want to get updates from us while we are gone you can email projectniger@gmail.com and you will be added to the list. I mentioned briefly what we will be doing in Africa before, but here is a tiny update. We are travelling to 2 different villages in the time we are there. The main city we will be in is Niamey, the capital of Niger. We will be teaching University students basic and intermediate English. Spending time in an orphanage, AIDS/HIV prevention and education to children and youth, kids clubs, distribution of solar lights to villages with no electricity, food distribution, prayer walks, and visiting with some military something rather (I don't really know). I am getting so excited to see what God is going to do through us. On the way home we will be stopping in Paris for 2 days to debrief, and muffle some of our jet-lag. I am REALLY excited for that too, although I have a feeling it will be major culture shock. I don't think I'll be able to post until we get back, so I apologize for the boring-ness of this blog until then. Thank you for those who will be praying while we are gone, and for those who have been already! We really, truly appreciate it so much. I don't like to fly very much!!!! Well talk to you all in April!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Well girl...I tried. Guess we just aren't meant to talk :( I hope that's not the case but it sure has been tough to get a hold of each other. Anyway...God bless you guys as you travel to Niger! We will be thinking of you tons and PRAYING for you too! I hope it is an eye-opening experience, in a good way :) I hope that you not only bless others but are blessed yourselves!
We love you!!
Talk to you soon.

j e r e m i a h 15:16

"As your words came to me I drank them in, and they filled my heart with joy and happiness because I belong to you. "