Friday, October 5, 2007

NEW YORK NEW YORK... the first bit of our September trip

Hey folks! Somehow my post that I saved got deleted. So here is a little diddy I'm throwing together for your enjoyment. With some pictures smacked together. We are in Hawaii right now, LOVIN IT....thus there is little to no time to write on this thing. BUT I have not posted for so long I feel like I am getting behind! So the focus of THIS post is NEW YORK! We were there for a few days at the beginning of our trip and then again at the end for one day. So here are SOME pics.

1. The first 2 are at the top of the Rockafellar Centre. Is is STUNNING up there! You can see forever.
2.This is a picture of me sleeping on the airport floor. Yeah. What can I say. Best sleep of my life. NOT.
3. Next 2 pics. Times square. Such high energy. People EVERYWHERE. Street vendors, shopping, madness until late in the night. It was very neat to experience.
4. Next 4 photos are at the Mary Poppins Broadway!!!! You know it. It made me feel like I was a little kid again. I actually spent a lot of time sitting on the edge of my seat.
5.Grand Central Station. It's hard to photograph the beauty/coolness of this place. But it was actually quite unique inside. HUGE. And pretty artchitecture with paintings on the ceiling.
6. Central Park! I will have to post more pics of this later. But words cannot express how HUGE this park is. Honestly, this park is probably 15 times larger than I expected. It is blocks and blocks of land. Fields, and roads, and a zoo, concerts, a free CHECKERS hangout place. We played a game. I kicked butt. Hence the look on Danny's defeated face. Central Park is extremely green and so incredibly beautiful to walk through.
7. We were on the David Letterman show! The main guest was Hilary Clinton, which actually ended up being really interesting. I mean if Kate Hudson or Brad Pitt had been on I would have been a little more excited. But I can be into politics too. Who knew?!
Picture 299
Picture 266














2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous pictures, gorgeous couple. What more can I say!? :) Glad you guys enjoyed New York so much... I'm still dying to go there. Hopefully someday! Welp... soak in Hawaii cuz soon you'll be livin' in the rain :) Just kidding...its not that bad here in the Lower mainland. You'll love it! But do enjoy Hawaii...i am totally green with envy :)
LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Anonymous said...

I love the NY, NY pictures! Did I spy some awesome photo-shopping in there? I especially likes the one of Danny playing checkers and the Black and white one from the top of the building. I'm not a huge fan of the city... but I must say you make it look fun!

Can't wait to see Hawaii!

P.S. How the heck did you guys end up in NY, Europe, and Hawaii all in the same trip???

j e r e m i a h 15:16

"As your words came to me I drank them in, and they filled my heart with joy and happiness because I belong to you. "